These salted peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are going to be your new favorite snack! They are refined-sugar free, oil-free, have the perfect balance of sweet and salty, and are suuuper fluffy!
- 2 tablespoon chia seeds or flaxseed meal + 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted organic peanut butter*
- 8 large medjool dates
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks*
- Sea salt, to top
- In a small bowl, make the chia egg by mixing together the chia seeds and water. Set aside 15 minutes to thicken.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a food processor, process together the peanut butter, almond milk, coconut sugar, medjool dates and vanilla extract until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine together the dry mixture with the wet mixture, as well as the chia egg, and mix just until the dough forms and ingredients are combined. Add in the chocolate chunks and mix until uniform.
- You can go ahead and bake them from here, or for more easy to handle dough, cover the mixing bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat. Scoop out 2 tablespoon sized rounds and space them evenly on the sheet, then sprinkle each mound of dough with coarse sea salt.
- Place into the oven and bake for 11 to 12 minutes, and cool completely before digging in!
- You can try and use any other nut or seed butter in place of the peanut butter if desired. I have not yet tested out this method and cannot guarantee results, but I am certain it will be delicious!