Learn how to make crunchy baked vegetable chips at home in about 30 minutes! They are so easy to make plus flavor packed, healthy, AND oil-free.
Vegetables of your choice, such as
- Celery Root* (see notes)
- Yellow Squash*
Salt and pepper, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 300°F, and line 1-2 large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Slice the vegetables that you are using as thin as possible. We used beets, carrots, sweet and white potatoes and zucchini and sliced them 1/6″ thick. Using a mandoline slicer is very helpful for this! Keep in mind that since we are slicing these so thin, these make A LOT of chips. If you don’t have time to make multiple batches, we suggest that you make chips with just 1/2 of the vegetables.
- At this point, it is time to soak some of the vegetables in water. You do not need to soak the carrots, zucchini, celery root, parsnips, yellow squash and rutabaga. The potatoes need to be soaked for at least 30 minutes, whereas the beets and turnips only need to be soaked for 10 minutes. You can totally put them all in the same bowl for 30 minutes but know that if you are making chips with just beets or turnips, 10 minutes will do the trick. We do want to suggest soaking the beets in their own bowl as they may discolor the other vegetables. We soaked our potatoes in one bowl and our beets in another to prevent this. Once they have finished soaking, drain the vegetables and pat them dry with a clean towel.
- Lay the vegetables out on the lined baking sheets in a single layer. Pop them into the oven to bake for 15 minutes. Remove the tray from the oven and carefully flip the chips. Place them back into the oven and back for another 15 minutes, or until the vegetables have crisped up. If you are using different vegetables, keep in mind that they may bake differently. If some have not crisped up yet, pop them back into the oven and bake them until crisp, about 5-10 minutes more.
- Cool completely before eating and enjoy!
- Keep in mind that since we are slicing these so thin, these make A LOT of chips. If you don’t have time to make multiple batches, we suggest that you make chips with just 1/2 of the vegetables.
- These chips are best if enjoyed the day of cooking. If you would like to store them, be sure you place them in an airtight container on the counter.
- The nutritional information with vary based on the vegetables that are used.
- We have not tested the starred vegetables for this recipe, but from our research, these should work just as well!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-Free
Keywords: Snacks, Beets, Carrots, Zucchini, Potato, Sweet Potato, Vegan, Oil-Free, Chips