These Air Fryer Brussels Sprout Chips are the perfect crispy and savory snack. They’re easy to prepare, require just 5 simple ingredients and are so good!
- 1/2 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Generous pinch of salt, as desired
- Pinch of Black Pepper, as desired
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon
- Air Fryer
- OR baking sheet and parchment paper or silicone liner
- Prepare the Brussels sprouts: Cut about 1/2-inch off of the bottom of the Brussels sprouts and remove any damaged outer leaves. Using your fingers, begin to peel the leaves off from the base until you get to the center of each sprout. You may need to cut the Brussels sprouts 1-2 additional times if the leaves don’t peel off of the stem. Continue until you cannot remove any more leaves. Repeat for each sprout.
- Place the Brussels sprouts into a large bowl. Add in the oil and mix until everything is well coated. Sprinkle over the garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and mix one more time to distribute the seasonings evenly.
- Arrange some of the Brussels sprouts leaves in a single layer in your air fryer. You will need to work in batches as they probably won’t all fit. Cook at 375°F for 4-7 minutes or until crispy. Continue with the remaining Brussels sprouts. Keep in mind that the first batch will take the longest (7 minutes), but as you continue cooking since the pan will already be warm, it’ll cook faster (4-5 minutes).
- Since Brussels sprouts leaves come in many different sizes, some leaves will cook faster than others. To prevent burning, check the Brussels sprouts about 1-2 minutes before the cooking timer. If some leaves are already crisped up, remove them and then place the rest back in to finish cooking.
- These Brussels sprout chips are best if they are enjoyed immediately.
- Oven instructions: if you don’t have an air fryer, you can use an oven to prepare these chips instead. Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet. Once the Brussels sprouts are seasoned, spread them out in a single layer on the lined baking sheet and bake for 16-19 minutes, or until crispy.
- Since Brussels Sprouts leaves come in many different sizes, some leaves will cook faster than others. To prevent burning, check the Brussels sprouts about 3-4 minutes prior to the end of the cooking timer. If some leaves are already crisped up, remove them and then place the rest back in to finish cooking. Serve immediately.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Air Fryer
Keywords: brussels sprouts, snack, vegetable, 5 ingredient, garlic, greens, chips, crunchy