If you don’t have time to make pizza dough, this is the perfect alternative. This 5-ingredient french bread pizza comes together in just about 20 minutes. It’s crispy, melty, and can be customized to your liking!
- 2 large loaves of french bread
- Oliva oil
- ~10 oz pizza sauce* (see notes)
- ~1 1/2 cup vegan cheese* (see notes)
- Fresh basil, as desired
- + any additional toppings of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Cut the loaves of bread in half horizontally. You will end up with 4 long slices (refer to the pictures above).
- Lightly brush both sides of the bread with olive oil and place them cut side up on the baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and carefully dress them with toppings as desired.
- Place the bread back in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes more, or until the cheese has softened and the bread is crunchy.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and top with fresh basil. Cool slightly and enjoy!
- Air fryer instructions: Cut the loaves of bread in half horizontally, and then in half again vertically (so that you have 8 pieces). Lightly brush both sides of the bread with olive oil and place them cut side up in the air fryer. Air fry at 350°F for 3 minutes (you will have to do this in batches since the air fryer is small). Remove from the air fryer and carefully dress them with toppings as desired. Place the bread back into the air fryer and cook 350°F for 6-8 more minutes. Remove the pizzas from the air fryer and top them with fresh basil. Cool slightly and enjoy!
- Keep in mind the that the amount of sauce, cheese, and toppings will depend on the size of the french breads. Ours were on the larger end and we use about 10 ounces of sauce and 1 1/2 cups of vegan cheese.
- We like to pan fry our vegan pepperoni before use as we feel it makes it more aesthetically pleasing but it is not necessary.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Oven
Keywords: vegan, pizza, french bread, entree, dinner