These vegan pecan tarts are to die for and are sure to impress your holiday guests! They require just 8 ingredients and are ready in less than an hour.
- 1 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (we used Earth Balance)
- 3 oz. vegan cream cheese, softened (we used Kite Hill)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flaxseed meal and water. Set aside to thicken for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the pastry. Using a hand mixer (or whisk), cream the vegan butter and vegan cream cheese in a large bowl until uniform. Add in the flour and mix well. Set into the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients to the bowl with the “flax eggs” and mix until uniform to form the filling. Set into the refrigerator.
- Lightly grease 1-2 mini cupcake pans (enough for 24 pecan tarts) and preheat the oven to 350°F. If you are using 1 pan, just bake these in 2 batches
- Divide the dough into 24 and roll each into a ball. Place each ball into one of the muffin holes in the pan. Using your fingers, press the ball down in the center to create a “cup” for the filling. You want the dough to fill up the sides of the pan as evenly as you can. Continue until you have placed all of the dough into the pans.
- Evenly distribute the filling into the pastry “cups”. We started by putting 1 teaspoon of filling into each cup, and then evenly distribute the remaining filling from there. We recommend not filling the cups more than 2/3 of the way up to prevent the filling from overflowing while baking.
- Place the pan into the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the pastry has become a light golden brown. Remove and cool completely before serving. It is important to cool as this will help the filling to solidify. We topped ours with pecans just to spruce them up a bit, but that is totally optional. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container for 7-10 days.
- The original recipe for this is from All Recipes. My mom used to make this exact recipe all of the time for me growing up, just not vegan, so I veganized it and it turned out amazing!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Holiday
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Pecan, Tarts, Fall, Dessert, Holiday, Vegan