These vegan burgers are easy to make, require simple ingredients and are jam-packed with plant protein. Plus, they are bursting with flavor and are perfect for your next summer party.
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water)
- 8 oz. Baby Bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/2 cup cooked low-sodium black beans, drained
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced with ends removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegan teriyaki sauce
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Burger buns of choice
- Teriyaki Sauce
- Red onions
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing together the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and setting it aside for 15 minutes to thicken.
- Add the mushrooms to a food processor and pulse until broken down into small pieces. Add in the remaining ingredients except for the breadcrumbs and pulse for about 45-60 seconds, or until almost smooth. Make sure that the mixture is still chunky and not smooth or else your burgers will be soggy!
- Place the mixture into a large bowl and stir in the breadcrumbs. Mix until uniform and then set into the freezer for about 20 minutes to set.* In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Once the mixture has set, fill a 1/2-cup measure with the burger mixture and form it into a thick (1/2″-minimum) patty. add to pan. Repeat to form 6 patties total. Place them on the lined baking sheet and into the oven. Bake for 35 minutes, flipping after 20.
- Allow the burgers to cool completely before serving and then dig in!
- You can skip this step BUT it is beneficial in that it will make the burgers easier to work with.
- The nutrition facts only take into account the veggie burger patties.
- Category: summer, burger, party, lunch, dinner
- Cuisine: Vegan, Oil-free
Keywords: Vegan, summer, burger, party, mushroom, vegan protein