Let’s get crazy this Super Bowl Sunday and enjoy our favorite comfort foods! These Baked Mac & Cheese Bites are the perfect party essential! After all, we know the only thing that matters about the Super Bowl is the food! You can pair these baked mac & cheese bites with marinara sauce for a satisfying zesty kick. Feel free to experiment and dip these bad boys into your favorite dips and dressings. I haven’t tried this, but I can imagine these would be great with vegan ranch! Or, if you really wanted to get your cheese on, dip them in a cheese sauce (yikes)! The beauty of this recipe is that it makes 48 bites, which is ideal when preparing food for a large gathering. If you don’t want to make so many, simply half the recipe and enjoy the smaller portion!Print
Vegan Baked Mac and Cheese Bites
Baked Mac & Cheese Bites make the perfect appetizer! Serve them for a Super Bowl Party, or whenever really. This recipe makes 48 bites so it’s ideal to serve a large group of people.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 37 minutes
- Total Time: 47 minutes
- Yield: 48 bites
- Category: Entree, Super Bowl
- 2 cups uncooked elbow pasta
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Follow Your Heart VeganEgg
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 1 1/2 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups shredded vegan cheese (I used 1 cup Follow Your Heart Cheddar + 1 cup Follow Your Heart Mozzarella)
- 8 oz. vegan cream cheese (I used Kite Hill)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (plus more to top)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Vegan marinara, to serve
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and lightly oil 2 mini cupcake trays.
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, add in your vegan butter. Once melted, add the garlic, and onions, and sauté until the garlic is fragrant and the onions are translucent. About 3-4 minutes.
- As those cook, prepare the vegan egg mixture. In a separate medium bowl, whisk the VeganEgg with the ice cold water until completely smooth. Set aside.
- Once the onions and garlic are cooked down, add the almond milk and stir to combine. Slowly whisk in the cream cheese, shredded cheeses, and the VeganEgg and continue mix until the cheese has melted down completely and the sauce is smooth.
- Add the cooked elbow pasta and mix together until fully coated with the cheese mixture. Remove from heat and mix in 1 cup of breadcrumbs. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
- Use a 1 tablespoon scoop to add the mac and cheese mixture to the prepared mini cupcake trays and top each bite with a pinch more of breadcrumbs
- Place into the oven for 30 minutes and then broil on the top rack on high for 1 minute until browned.
- Allow the bites to cool completely before serving with marinara or a dip of your choice!
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. However, this page may contain affiliate links, thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!