Ahhh, fall is finally here, and you know what that means…pumpkin spiced EVERYTHING.
It was inevitable that I share a recipe here, but I promise you this is a winner — and of course sweet, simple and vegan 😉 I decided I would play around with my Chickpea Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe, a recent hit on my blog (thank you all so so much for the love) and one of my absolute favorite recipes, EVER <3
I filmed a brand new video (above) for this recipe, I hope you guys like it! Protein-packed with chickpeas, sweetened naturally by dates + a good chunk of your daily soluble fiber from the oats. I actually think that I will continue making this recipe from pumpkin from now on, because the addition took this to the next level.
I must say though, the pumpkin isn’t very apparent in this cookie, almost undistinguishable. I actually intended for it to be more pumpkin-y, but this variation was PERFECT and I can’t settle for any other way. It’s so much more moist and fluffy! It earned a bite of approval from my whole (non-vegan) family, the whole tray gone in two days! If you want to check out the original OG version of this recipe (without the pumpkin), you can check it out by clicking here or the image above!
And why oil-free? Check out Mic The Vegan’s video on oil, he presents it perfectly and is a great resource if you want to learn about the affects of oil.
Make sure you tag me on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan, Facebook @sweetsimplevegan and/or twitter @sweetsimpleveg and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of my recipes, I love to see your photos!
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds + 3 tbsps water
- 12 soft pitted medjool dates (soaked in hot water for 10 mins then drained)
- 1 can cooked unsalted chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats (roughly ground in recipe)
- ½ of cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the chia seeds with the water and allow it to sit for 15 mins to thicken.
- Blend all ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor, until smooth.
- Mix in the chocolate chips (in that bowl or in another if easier).
- Scoop 2 tbsp sized rounds onto a baking sheet and flatten them out to about ⅓" thick.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool then dig in.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!