An overwhelming YES on my Instagram post last week + the fact that I scarfed these babies down in almost one day brought me to the conclusion that these must be shared on my blog!
And please let us take in this cute shots of my kitty Goji standing watch over the kale chips as I photographed them. She wasn’t at all interested in trying them for herself, she just wanted to be a part of all the fun per usual 😛
I initially only had the intention to create these as a small experiment and to photograph only for social media, but these photos will just have to do because I really want to share this with you guys! And after putting together this recipe on my blog, I realized just how similar it is to my oil-free Spicy Cheezy Kale Chips recipe, no wonder it sounded all too familiar. But I did change the recipe up a bit, adding in a few more thannngs, and I would say that my favorite of the two is this one, but you should try them both yourself and be the judge 😉
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes (no salt added)
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 stalk celery
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1-1½ tsp chili powder, to taste
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 bunches of kale (I used curly and lacinato)*
- Wash and dry kale. remove stems if you would like (I left them on).
- Blend all of the ingredients together except for the kale.
- Place the kale in a large bowl and pour all of the sauce over. Massage the sauce into the kale with your hands until easily and thoroughly distributed.
- Place in a dehydrator* on 115-120F for 12-14 hours, checking doneness around 12 hours.
This is the dehydrator brand I use 🙂 I have a 4 tray with a black door!
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!