This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
THE HOLIDAY SEASON IS HERE 🙂
Regardless of which holiday you celebrate, this Vegan Braided Cream Cheese & Jam Danish + the Mint Chocolate Chip Cake and Almond & Cinnamon Marshmallow Treats shared below are all calling for a spot at your table ?
I’m so excited to have been able to collaborate once again with Ahnest Veggie and Yvonne’s Vegan Kitchen to bring you all 3 must try vegan recipes for your holiday table! We delivered some awesome recipes for Thanksgiving, and I promise you these are nothing less! A vegan danish, come on, you should already be sold on that!I decided to create a picture tutorial for this vegan danish as well as I had seen on The Kitchen McCabe, because it was easier for me to demonstrate and why not if I was already doing it 😉 Shout out to Conscious Chris who helped me photograph the process, it would have been impossible with my doughy four filled hands!
1. Thaw your dough to room temperature. Roll the dough out into a 1/4″ thick rectangle roughly about 8×12″, then cut the edges off to be sure each edge is straight.
2. Cut strips into the sides of the dough at a downward slope. You can either discard of the top piece of the dough or save it with the other scraps for another recipe.
3. Spread in the cream cheese and jam, then sprinkle it with walnuts.
Note: I would suggest you assemble the whole thing on parchment paper to save you the stress of transferring it over. I made the mistake of not doing that!
4. Fold the bottom flap up, sealing the sides.
5. Take the first strip of pastry on the right and cross it over, then seal the end by pressing it into the other side. Repeat this on alternating sides until you are left with 2 strips of dough.
6. Tightly tuck the last two strips over, trying your best to seal the end (like the first bottom piece we folded over). Brush with almond milk.
7. Carefully place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Note: I would suggest you assemble the whole thing on parchment paper to save you the stress of transferring it over!
And now to share the recipes from Yvonne and Sarah! You can click the photos below to check out their recipes! Sarah shared Almond & Cinnamon Marshmallow Treats which are taken to an even further level by simply using cookie cutters, which I honestly never thought about doing with marshmallow treats until now! Yvonne put together a Mint Chocolate Chip Cake…I couldn’t believe this was real!Make sure you tag me on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan or twitter @sweetsimpleveg and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of these recipes, I love to see your photos 🙂Print
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!