Soft, chewy and delicious. These pretzel bites are covered in pumpkin spiced sugar and served with a heavenly vegan cream cheese dipping sauce. Get ready for the perfect pumpkin treat for fall.
- 1 1/2–2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 packet (or 1 1/8 teaspoon) instant yeast
- 1/2 cup warm almond milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
Vegan Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 4 oz. vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk*
- In a standing mixer or large bowl, add in your flour, cinnamon, salt, sugar, and instant yeast. Mix until uniform.
- To the same bowl, add in warm almond milk, pumpkin purée, and 1/2 cup melted vegan butter and mix until a dough-like consistency is reached. Add more flour as needed, 1 tablespoon at a time, if the dough is too wet.
- Add the dough to a greased glass bowl and cover it with a clean kitchen towel. Set it in a warm area for one hour to rise.
- In the meantime, grab a medium saucepan, add in the baking soda and water, then bring to a boil. Allow the water to boil for 2 minutes, or until the baking soda is completely dissolved, remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Once the dough has risen, roll it out on a floured surface into a long log-shaped piece, about 1-inch in diameter. Cut the dough into 28 1-2” pieces, rolling each piece into a circle with your hands. Dunk each piece of dough into the cooled baking soda and water mixture and then place it on the lined baking sheet. Continue until you have done this with all of the dough balls.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- As they bake, make the dipping sauce. Combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk if you’d to thin out your sauce. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together pumpkin pie spice and raw cane sugar. Set aside. In another small bowl, melt the butter if you have not done so already.
- Once the pretzels have cooled, dip each pretzel bite in the remaining 2 tablespoons of melted vegan butter and then fully coat each bite in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve with the cream cheese dipping sauce and enjoy!
- Add more almond milk as needed to thin the dipping sauce to your desired consistency.
- If you would like a bit of tang in the cream cheese dipping sauce, it is great with the addition of 1-1/2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Dessert, Snack, Vegan, Pumpkin, Spiced, Kids, Thanksgiving, Pretzel