This post is sponsored by Whole Foods Market 365.
Memorial Day is coming up and we got you covered with the perfect party recipe! Every summer my mom would always make this potato salad for cookouts, barbecues, and parties. It has become a classic staple in my family, and I am excited to share this veganized version with you. Summer cookouts this year will be taken to the next level with this bomb AF potato salad!Brought to life by a mixture of vegan mayonnaise, mustard, fresh herbs, and veggies, this potato salad is packed with flavor and appeals to just about anybody. We used mini multicolored potatoes which added the perfect burst of color to the dish. We promise this is the perfect side dish to accompany vegan burgers, dogs, and all the cookout essentials this summer!
Memorial Day is coming up and we got you covered with the perfect party recipe! Your summer cookout this year will be taken to the next level with this bomb AF potato salad! Fresh veggies, herbs, and an amazing creamy vegan dressing; this potato salad is packed with flavor and appeals to just about anybody!
- 2 lbs. mixed baby potatoes, washed well and halved
- 2 stalks celery, diced small
- ½ large red onion, finely minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced small (we used 1/2 red & 1/2 yellow)
- 6-8 baby cornichon pickles, diced small
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise (or opt for 1 medium avocado)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole grain Dijon mustard or German mustard
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with a few inches of water. Place it on the stove over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, allow the potatoes to cook until just fork tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- While potatoes cook, prepare the remaining ingredients for the salad and combine everything in large bowl.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them and add them to the bowl.
- In another small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for the dressing until smooth.* Pour the dressing over the salad mixture and mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and serve.
- If you are using avocado instead of mayonnaise, we recommend that you use a food processor for the dressing to ensure that it is completely smooth.
- Nutrition facts do not take into account the addition of salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!