Get ready to dive into your new favorite entree! This restaurant-style teriyaki tofu bowl is jam-packed with flavor + makes for the perfect for a lunch or dinner at home or meal on the go!
- 2 cup cooked brown rice
- Homemade restaurant-style teriyaki sauce
- 1 block extra firm tofu, pressed (learn how to press it here)
- 1/3 cup cornstarch*
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large head broccoli
- 1/2 large cucumber, julienned
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 large Hass avocado, sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cut the tofu into small cubes and place it in a large bowl. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and the cornstarch, a little bit at a time, over the tofu and toss until all of the tofu is coated. Add the tofu to one half of the baking sheet.
- Cut the broccoli into bite-sized florets and place them onto the other half of the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet into the oven for 30 minutes. Once roasted, carefully transfer the roasted broccoli from the pan into a medium bowl. Toss the tofu around and place it back into the oven for 10 more minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer the tofu into a large bowl. You can use the same one as earlier, just be sure to rinse out any excess cornstarch. Set aside.
- Pour half of the teriyaki sauce over the tofu and toss until it is well coated.
- Divide teriyaki tofu, rice, cucumber, carrots, broccoli into four serving bowls and pour over any of the extra sauce as desired. Top with sesame seeds and green onions, and dig in!
- You can sub arrowroot for cornstarch if needed.