Just when you thought breakfast couldn’t get any better, we present to you our Vegan Breakfast Nachos! These babies are oil-free, loaded with some amazing plant ingredients and guess what! You can eat as much as you’d like as these are good for ya, and won’t have you feeling like poop after 😛
We are back at it again with another savory breakfast idea for you to try out. If you haven’t already check it out, last month we shared a Loaded Vegan Chickpea Omelette recipe that you will DEFINITELY want to try out if you love these nachos.
This recipe is part of a vegan brinner collaboration. What is brinner? Well that is a great question, I had to think twice about that myself haha. Brinner = breakfast for dinner and it is something that I have enjoyed my whole life but didn’t have a name for. It just makes breakfast foods and dinner that much more enjoyable.
For this recipe, Chris and I collaborate with 9 other uhhhhmazing vegan youtubers to create for you 10 vegan breakfasft for dinner aka brinner recipes to try out. Check out all of the images below + links to their corresponding numbers to check them all out!
- Vegan Maple Bacon Granola
- Vegan Breakfast Bao
- Vegan Breakfast Nachos
- Vegan Chickun and Waffles
- Cheezy Vegan Breakfast Pizza
- Vegan Breakfast Tacos
- Vegan Egg Breakfast Sandwiches
- Vegan Breakfast Lasagna
- Loaded Potato Waffles
- Vegan Savoury Bread Pudding
Vegan Breakfast Nachos + 10 Must Try Vegan Breakfast Recipes!
An epic vegan breakfast nacho recipe when you want something a little extra in the morning + a round up of 10 vegan breakfast recipes!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Breakfast
Oil-free Tortilla Chips
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup potatoes, diced small (about 1 medium potato)
- 1 (8 oz) block firm tofu, pressed (learn how here)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili
- 3 slices tempeh bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet simple beans
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4-1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 oz Kite Hill cream cheese + 3-4 tablespoons water
Oil-free Tortilla Chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tortillas into fourths and arrange onto baking sheet. Place into the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until crispy.
- Add the garlic, onion and bell pepper into a non stick pan over medium heat. Add in 1/4 cup water and saute until fragrant and onion translucent, about 4 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- Add in the potatoes plus another 1/2 cup water and mix through. Cover and allow it to steam over medium for about 10 minutes.
- Crumble in the tofu and add in the remaining ingredients. Mix until uniform, then cover for another 5-8 minutes, adding about 1/4 cup more water as necessary to prevent burning.
- Set aside to cool.
- Water down the cream cheese in a squeeze bottle or bowl with the water.
- In a lined baking sheet, or any serving tray of choice, place the chips around the edge. Fill the middle with the tofu scramble, beans, tempeh bacon, avocado, cilantro, and a drizzle of cream cheese sauce.
The cooking time for the tortillas may vary depending on their thickness.
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer: This post is NOT sponsored, however this page may contain affiliate links, thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!