Eating healthy during the holidays can be daunting to some, but I am here today to share with you two recipes that you could whip up in your kitchen for you and your loved ones. The first is a Layered Coconut Berry Holiday Smoothie that is raw and kid-friendly, and the second is a hearty Holiday Kale & Quinoa Salad loaded with some of my favorite ingredients, like maple glazed walnuts and persimmons.These ingredients are simple!
Frozen bananas, coconut meat and berries + coconut water, dates, vanilla extract and love 🙂 Check out the video above for the ingredient details and instructions!
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 1 cup frozen coconut meat
- 1 cup of fresh young coconut water
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of frozen berries (½ cup of raspberries and ½ cup strawberries)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 dates
- ¼ cup of fresh young coconut water
- Blend the ingredients for the white layer, set aside in a mason jar and put it in the freezer.
- Blend the ingredients for the red layer, set aside in a separate mason jar.
- Then, pour a small but of each in a glass, one at a time, to create alternating colors/layers until the glass is full.
These recipes are a part of my holiday collaboration with my friend Vince over at Healthy Vegan Guy. After filming these videos with him, I was inspired to put more time and effort into the development of my Youtube channel, and from this, took on the Vlogmas challenge for 2015, if any of you have been following along.
Vlogmas is a series of 25 videos, from December 1 to December 25, with one being filmed and released everyday. This is so much harder than it actually sounds, let me tell you that! But, however, I am so happy to be able to share a more personal perspective of my life, and to connect with my readers on a new platform. My channel is still in its infancy stage, but I am pumped to see where it will go from here! Below is Vince’s video with the full recipe for the salad!