I love making fresh juice, but the question that always comes up is what the heck do I do with the juice pulp? I have cooked the (vegetable) pulp into soups, added it into cookies and crackers, and (when lazy) simply composted the pulp, but I wanted to try and create something new!
As I had posted a few weeks ago, my cousin and I went on a juicing spree for her and her family during the week, and I ended up saving all of the pulp from the three juices we made. My Favorite Sweet Berry Juice had pulp that contained 100% fruit, so I decided to play around with that and create something sweet, hence this recipe.This Leftover Juice Pulp Granola is sweetened with nothin but fruit, is refined-sugar free, raw, gluten-free, oil-free and low in fat! I was really surprised by the end result, and pleased with the taste of the granola. My favorite thing about this granola is that it is buttery (for lack of a better term). I really have no idea how or why that is, but I’m 100% okay with that 😉Serve this granola with a side of your favorite nut milk, I love almond and macadamia nut milks best! If you want to make a delicious nut milk of your own, check out my Ice Cream Milk recipe. That + this granola will be mind blowing, guaranteed!
OR, even better, serve it atop my 2 Ingredient Cacao Banana Ice Cream (raw, low-fat) w/ Raw Chocolate Drizzle. It adds the perfect crunch to compliment the creamy ice cream. It tastes so naughty, but is most definitely guilt-free!The ingredients of this recipe are pretty simple, and all of the ingredients are good for you: Medjool dates, oats, mulberries, unsweetened coconut and juice pulp, that’s it! I made this in a dehydrator, but don’t worry, I gave the option of using an oven in the recipe below, too.Make sure you tag me on Instagram @sweetsimplevegan or tweet @sweetsimpleveg and hashtag #sweetsimplevegan if you recreate any of my recipes, I love to see your photos!Print
Leftover Juice Pulp Granola (raw, refined sugar-free, gluten-free, low-fat)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: Snack
- Cuisine: Raw Vegan
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 cup raw oats
- 1/3 cup mulberries
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cup sweet juice pulp (from this juice)
- Add the medjool dates, juice pulp, and coconut into a food processor or blender and run until everything is well combined and as smooth as you can get it.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until slightly broken down and uniform throughout.
- Place into a dehydrator in a thin layer at 115 overnight, or about 8-10 hours, until dry and crumbly. Be sure you stir the granola halfway through.
- Preheat oven to the lowest temperature you can get it.
- Place the granola in a thin layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and into the oven.
- Grab a wooden spoon/serving utensil. Keep the oven door cracked open with the wooden spoon so the moisture can circulate out.
- Allow it to dry for 8-10 hours, or until dry and crumbly. Be sure you stir the granola halfway through.