Celebrate fall with these easy peasy vegan apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies! They require just 11 simple ingredients and are ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water)*
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or vegan butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (or any nut or seed butter of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (or pumpkin pie spice)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely diced red apple (about 1 medium), about 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup organic powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice (or more almond milk)
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing together the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and setting it aside for 15 minutes to thicken.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the prepared flax egg, maple syrup, coconut oil, peanut butter, and vanilla extract until smooth. Next, add in the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt and mix until well combined. Lastly, fold in the diced apple until it is evenly distributed and well incorporated. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and place it into the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a reusable silicone mat.
- Using a tablespoon sized scooper, drop the cookie dough into ~12 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet and flatten slightly. You may need to press the apples in a bit to ensure that they do not fall out. Place the tray into the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden. Cool the cookies for at least 10 minutes and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
- While the cookies cool, prepare the glaze. Whisk together the ingredients until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add more liquid 1/2 teaspoon at a time (a little goes a LONG way). If it is too thin, add powdered sugar 1/2 tablespoon at a time. Once the cookies have cooled, drizzle them liberally with the glaze.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- We have not tested this recipe out with gluten-free flour, but we have seen a ton of 1:1 gf flour blends on the market that we think would probably work in this. If you do test it out, please let us know in the comments below.
- You may use chia seeds instead of flax seeds as well to make a chia egg.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Dessert, Cookies, Apple, Cinnamon, Fall, Oatmeal, CBD, Vegan