This golden milk rice pudding makes for a perfect healthy dessert or breakfast. Jasmine rice, almond milk + golden milk spices. This rich and creamy rice pudding is the perfect way to use up leftover rice at home!
- 2 cups cooked Jasmine rice
- 2–3 cups unsweetened almond milk (depending on how thick you want it)
- 2 heaping tablespoons brown coconut sugar* (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg (optional)
- Pinch of ground black pepper (optional)*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: mint leaves and fresh strawberries
- Add all of the rice, 2 cups of almond milk, sugar and spices to a small pot over medium heat. Stir until well combined and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, bring the heat down to low and stir in the remaining ingredients until uniform. Allow it to cook down until thick and creamy, stirring often, about 15 minutes. Add more almond milk as needed if too thick.
- Remove the mixture from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Adjust seasonings to taste and cool before serving. Enjoy!
- You can opt for organic white sugar, brown sugar, or even a liquid sweetener like coconut nectar or maple syrup.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 5 days. The rice pudding will thicken/dry out as it sits in the refrigerator. We suggest warming it on the stovetop in a small pan with a bit of almond milk to rehydrate the mixture.
- A small amount of black pepper is recommended as it increases the bioavailability of curcumin in the turmeric, which is a powerful anti-inflammatory compound.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snack Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: Dessert, Snack Breakfast, Rice, Pudding, Leftover, Golden Milk