- 1 1/2 cups carrot pulp (save the juice and drink it!)
- 3/4 cup dried mulberries
- 3 dried calimyrna figs
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4” ginger, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 fresh vanilla bean or extract
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas, chopped
- 3/4–1 cup fresh coconut water (or sub almond milk)
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 fresh vanilla bean or extract
- Dehydrated strawberries, crushed
- Shredded carrots or carrot pulp
- Other topping ideas: pistachios, mulberries, almonds, shredded coconut, citrus zest, anything you want!
- Add all of the cake ingredients to a food proc, and processor until a cake-like consistency is reached. It will be sticky, but that is what you want. Place it into a bowl and set into the fridge.
- Add all of the frosting ingredients to the high speed blender and process until smooth and creamy. Start with 3/4 cup of coconut water and add as needed for it to become smooth.
- (See Note)* Press the first layer into the dish/tray you are using for your cake, press it in, then pour your first layer of frosting over it. Continue until you have filled your pan/dish, then add your toppings of choice. Place into the freezer to set before serving, about 1-2 hours.
- To serve, remove from the freezer and allow it to sit for 5-10 mins for a softer cake-like consistency, or enjoy it as is!
Recipe adapted from Fully Raw Kristina.
*In between each layer, I placed the cake into the freezer for 15-20 mins to harden a bit, and placed the extra ingredients into the fridge. You can add the layers one after another when soft, just know that it won’t be as cleanly separated.
- Prep Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan, Raw Vegan