Happy Holidays, and Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate it 🙂
I am going to be honest and say that I have never tried real eggnog, but if it compares at all to this, then I guess I now love ‘egg’ nog.
Creamy, decadent and still jam-packed with nutrients, this alkalizing vegan holiday eggnog alternative is calling your name!
I know the question will arise asking what is the easiest and safest way to open a young coconut? I always recommend The Coco Jack. If you have been following me here or on Instagram for a while, you’ll know how much I love this tool. It has saved me from losing my fingers!If you’re interested in ordering The Coco Jack, use my code “sweetsimple” for a discount! You can read my post on the tool here.
Raw Vegan Holiday ‘Egg’ Nog
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1-2
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: Raw Vegan
- Meat from 1 Young Thai coconuts*
- Water form 1 Young Thai coconut*
- 3/4 fresh vanilla bean (or 3/4 tsp pure alcohol-free vanilla extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cinnamon, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh nutmeg, grated
- A pinch of ground cardamom
- A pinch ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric*
- Place all of the ingredients into a Vitamix (or any high speed blender) and process until smooth.
- Optional: process on “soup” setting of your blender until warm.
- Pour into a serving glass and top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
More Holiday Inspiration…
Disclaimer: This page may contain affiliate links, which simply means that I earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!