Grilled romaine is an easy way to step up the flavor of any salad that you are serving up this summer. It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare and requires just 3 simple ingredients.
- Clean the grill grates and set the grill to a medium-high heat.
- Pull any loose outer leaves off of the romaine and save those for another use. Slice the romaine lettuce vertically into 2 pieces and brush each half with a light layer of olive oil.
- Once the grill has heated, place the lettuce on the grate cut side down and grill (uncovered) for 2 to 3 minutes or until it gets a good sear and grill marks. You can press the lettuce down with tongs to encourage grill marks. Flip the lettuce and grill it for 2 minutes more and then remove it from heat.
- Season the lettuce with salt and pepper as desired and add any additional toppings of choice. We gave each half of the lettuce a good drizzle of vegan ranch dressing and then topped them with tomatoes, tempeh bacon and vegan croutons. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side, Summer
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: Salad, Side, Summer, Vegan, Gluten-free, Grilled, Romaine, Easy