Why make single layer dip when you can have a seven layer dip? This easy 7-layer dip is perfect for parties, family game night, or just to enjoy on your own.
- 11 cup pyrex dish (About 3x9x7-inches)
- 2–3 cups refried beans
- 2–3 cups guacamole
- 2 cups vegan sour cream
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups salsa of choice
- 2 cups vegan taco meat* (see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/3 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onions
- Chopped cilantro, as desired
- Spread the refried beans into an even layer on the bottom of your dish.
- Next spread the guacamole over the refried beans, followed by the vegan sour cream, salsa, taco meat and vegan cheese.
- Top with a final layer of lettuce, tomato, olives, onions and cilantro.
- Chill up to 1 hour before serving. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
- Please note that the ingredient amounts are estimations and will vary depending on the size of your dish and your preferences. Feel free to customize this dish to your liking!
- To speed up the recipe, you an opt for all or mostly store bought ingredients.
- Refried Beans: For this recipe you can use either canned or homemade refried beans. When buying canned, just make sure they are free from lard.
- Guacamole: If you’re looking for a dreamy guacamole recipe, here’s ours! You can also buy store-bought guac, but from our experience, fresh is always best when it comes to guac.
- Sour Cream: When it comes to store-bought vegan sour cream, it’s important to choose the right one. We recommend either Follow Your Heart, Tofutti, or Forager.
- Salsa: We recommend using a blended salsa for this recipe instead of something chunky like pico de gallo. If you want to make your own, we have restaurant-style salsa that works well. You may need to double it depending on the size of your dish.
- Taco Meat: Feel free to use any vegan taco meat filling of your choice. We like to use Jasmine’s Mom’s Famous “beef” taco meat recipe from our Planting Our Root ebook, but we also have a lentil and walnut taco meat that would work well too.
- Vegan cheese: We like to use cheddar-style shreds for our 7-layer dip. If you have a Kroger store near you, the Simple Truth brand one is perfect, but if not, we recommend using Follow Your Heart or Violife.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dip
Keywords: vegan, party, super bowl, dip, easy, 10 minute, appetizer