- 4 large ripe bananas, sliced and frozen overnight
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (from can of full fat coconut milk)
- 1/3 cup Miami Fruit freeze dried eggfruit crumbles
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
Bread pan or small baking dish
Toppings of choice, such as:
- Vegan chocolate sauce
- Coconut flakes
- Nut butter
- Fresh fruit
- Cacao nibs
- Slice bananas and place in an airtight container in the freezer overnight, along with the bread pan or small baking dish you are using. Once you are ready to prepare the ice cream, remove the bananas from the freezer and allow it to sit for 5 minutes on the counter to soften for blending.
- In a food processor, add your freeze dried egg fruit and run until fine.
- Open up the can of coconut milk, taking care not to shake it, and carefully scoop out the coconut cream solids into the food processor, and save the remaining liquid for another use (smoothies, oatmeal, etc). Add in the remaining ingredients (except the toppings) and run until smooth and creamy.
- Remove your cooled bread pan or baking dish from the freezer and pour in the ice cream. Pop back in the freezer for 3-4 hours. If you are freezing overnight, just be sure to allow the ice cream to sit out for a few minutes to make it easier to scoop.
- To serve, add a few scoops into a bowl and add toppings of choice and enjoy!
The nutrition facts do not take eggfruit into consideration as it is not included in the ingredient database. If you would like to see a detailed list of the eggfruit nutrition facts, check it out here. The nutrition facts also does not take into account the addition of toppings.
- Prep Time: 12 hours 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert