An easy and perfectly sweetened cinnamon butter that is ready in 5 minutes or less! This recipe is perfect on breakfast toast but is also great in mashed sweet potatoes, roasted fall fruit and even on waffles and pancakes. It is perfect for kids, too!
- 1/4 cup Pure Blends plant-based butter (both avocado oil or coconut oil work)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/16 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
Breakfast Fig Toast
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 8–10 fresh figs, sliced into rounds*
- Roasted pistachios, crushed
- Flaky sea salt
- Fresh mint, finely cut
- In a sealable container, whisk together all of the ingredients for the cinnamon butter. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Pop the lid on and place into the refrigerator you are ready to use it.
- For the fig toast: Toast the bread until it is as golden as you would like it. Spread about 1/2 tablespoon of the cinnamon butter onto each slice of toast. Top with sliced figs, pistachios, mint, and salt as desired. Dig in!
- Ensure that your figs are ripe for the best flavor. You will know when they are nice and squishy, and sometimes oozing with sap from the bottom.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Spreads
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Breakfast, cinnamon, butter, toast, vegan, figs, mint, plant based, pure blends