The Vegan Chicken Pesto Pizza of your dreams. A creamy dairy-free and nut-free pesto sauce as a base, layered with vegan chicken, dairy-free cheese and fresh cherry tomatoes. Who wants a bite?
- Preheat the oven to 500°F* and lightly coat a baking sheet or pizza pan with olive oil (see notes). We used this 12-inch pizza pan.
- Roll the pizza dough out evenly until it is 12-inches in diameter. Using the back of spoon, spread out the pesto as best you can. It will be a bit chunky but don’t worry about that, just do the best you can. Evenly sprinkle on the vegan chicken, cheese, and cherry tomatoes. Add additional toppings of your choice if desired.
- Place the pizza into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown* (see notes). Remove from the oven and carefully cut it using a pizza cutter. Enjoy!
- If you are using store bought pizza dough, bake according the the package directions. Baking temperature and time will vary.
- From our experience, using too much pesto results in a soggy pizza since it has a large amount of oil in it. We found that 2-3 tablespoons of pesto works the best with a 12-inch 8 oz. crust.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Entree, Pizza
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Vegan, Chicken, Pesto, Pizza, Entree, Lunch, Dinner