Animal style fries are taken to a whole new level with this McDonald’s inspired Big Mac version! They are loaded with everything in the infamous dish– crumbled vegan burgers, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, onions, a melty cheese sauce, sesame seeds, and of course, a homemade Big Mac Sauce.
- 6 medium russet potatoes (or use frozen french fries)
- 2 vegan burger patties (we used Beyond Burgers)
- 1 recipe Vegan Big Mac Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 to 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup pickle slices
- 1/3 cup diced red onions
- Sesame seeds
Vegan Cheese Sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 8 oz. shredded vegan cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Prepare the french fries. If you have store bought fries, prepare them according to the package directions. For homemade, preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Wash the potatoes and slice them into thin or thick fries, depending on your preference. Place the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet (you will need to cook multiple batches/use multiple pans) and dust them with salt as desired. Bake for 25-40 minutes or until golden brown, being sure to flip halfway through. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Prepare the vegan burger patties. We simply cooked them on a pan according to the package directions and using a wooden spoon, broke them up into crumbles. Set aside.
- Prepare the vegan cheese sauce. In a medium pot over medium-low heat, add in the vegan butter. Once the butter has melted, add in the vegan cheese, nutritional yeast, and almond milk. Whisk everything together until uniform. Continue cooking over medium-low heat, whisking often, until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth. Set aside.
- Once the fries are cooked, transfer them to a large serving platter or baking sheet. Drizzle the fries with the vegan cheese sauce, and then add on the vegan burger crumbles, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, red onions and sesame seeds. Lastly, drizzle everything with the vegan big mac sauce as desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Side
- Method: Stovetop and Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free