This is our “souped” up version of a sweet potato breakfast hash. This recipe hack packs your meal with flavor + a load of simple whole food ingredients.
- 18.3 oz (~1 3/4 cups) black bean soup, strained (we used Right Foods)
- 1/4 cup water or use strained broth from soup above
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale, destemed & finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup parsley or cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Sprinkle of smoked paprika
- In a medium pan on medium heat, add in 1/4 cup water (or 1/4 cup strained broth), sweet potatoes, onions and garlic.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Add in the remaining ingredients except for the parsley (or cilantro), and cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the edges the sweet potatoes are cooked and tender.
- Garnish with parsley, avocado and smoked paprika. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Breakfast