An easy vegan rice cooker meal that you can have ready in just 35 minutes! This Vegan Spanish Inspired Rice and Beans is hearty, flavorful and is guaranteed to hit the spot.
- 2 cups uncooked Jasmine brown rice, thoroughly rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (16 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onions, minced
- 1 rib celery, chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Garnish with (optional):
- Fresh lime, sliced into wedges
- Cilantro, roughly chopped
- Add all of the ingredients into your rice cooker pot and mix thoroughly until uniform. Cover and set it to cook on the “brown rice” setting (about 25-30 minutes).
- Remove lid and allow the rice to cool for 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a wedge of lime and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
- Stovetop option: Add all of the ingredients (except for the salt and pepper) into a large pot, mix thoroughly and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and cover. Cook until the rice has absorbed all of the liquid, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow it to cool for 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with a wedge of lime and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes