The perfect single serving chocolate cakes for Valentine’s Day. They require just one bowl and 30 minutes of your time. Did we mention it was vegan and easy to make?
- 100ml filtered water
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (or chia seeds)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 31g 72% dark chocolate, finely chopped (or chocolate of your choice)
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar*
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Two 4.5-inch ramekins
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the wet ingredients. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
- In the meantime, prepare the ramekins. Lightly oil the inside of the ramekins and then dust them with cacao powder. You can use a small strainer for the dusting or you can add in about 1 tablespoon of cacao powder into the oiled ramekin and move the ramekin around to coat it. Shake off and discard of any excess cacao powder. Refer to the video in the post.
- Once the wet ingredients have set, add in the dry ingredients. Using a fine mesh strainer, sift in the all-purpose flour and the cacao powder. Add in the remaining dry ingredients and mix everything together with a whisk until uniform. Keep in mind that the batter will be a clumpy due to the chopped dark chocolate.
- Evenly divide the batter into the prepared ramekins. Place into the oven (directly on the rack) and bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick runs clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife or thin metal spatula around the sides of each cake. Invert each ramekin onto a serving plate and gently shake out the cake. Dust the cakes with powdered sugar if desired and add garnishes of your choice. Enjoy!
- Regular ol’ sugar or coconut sugar work well in this, too!
- You can either separate the batter into two small ramekins or use all of the batter to make one thick cake in a larger ramekin.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Valentine's Day
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Dessert, Valentine's Day, Chocolate, Cake, Single Serving, One Bowl