Make your own peanut butter granola at home this week! It requires just 5 simple pantry ingredients and 30 minutes to make and is so much better for you than store-bought.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in all of the ingredients except for the rolled oats. Whisk together until uniform and smooth.
- Add in the rolled oats and mix together using a spatula until well combined.
- Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet, trying your best to spread it out as evenly and as in a single layer possible.
- Place the granola into the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Give the granola a good mix and pop it back into the oven for 10-15 minutes more, or until golden and no longer soft.
- Allow the granola to cool completely before serving, or at least 30 minutes. This will ensure that it is crunchy when serving. Enjoy!
- You can use another liquid sweetener in place of the maple syrup but just keep in mind that some are sweeter than others, so the amount used may need to be adjusted accordingly.
- You can use another nut or seed butter in place of peanut butter.
- If you are using a salted or sweetened peanut butter, be sure to adjust the salt and sugar in this recipe accordingly. If using a salted peanut butter, you may only need 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of additional salt.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Snack
- Method: Oven
Keywords: vegan, peanut butter, granola, simple, gluten free, oil free, breakfast, snack