These easy and flavor-packed pumpkin chickpea fritters are gluten-free, super simple to make and require just 15 minutes.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 kale leaf (with stem)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Avocado oil, for cooking (or oil of choice)
- 2–3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Hummus, to serve * (see notes)
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the chickpea flour and spices until well-combined. Set aside.
- In a food processor add in celery and kale and process until finely chopped.
- Add the kale mixture along with the remaining ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly until a thick batter forms.
- In a medium-sized pan on medium heat, add in a splash of avocado oil. Using a tablespoon sized spoon or cookie scooper, scoop the batter onto the pan and spread into 1/2 inch thick circles.
- Cook on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. These will cook quick so keep an eye out!
- Place cooked fritters on a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with hummus. Enjoy!
- We watered down our hummus a bit to make it more of a loose dip/sauce as we prefer that texture with these fritters.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizers & Sides
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: vegan, chickpea, fritters, fall, recipe, pumpkin, gluten-free