Who knew tempeh could taste so good? This Italian Seasoned Tempeh is loaded with flavor, easy to prepare, and requires just 6 simple ingredients!
- 12 oz. vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or try balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons tamari (or sub soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Optional: 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Optional: pinch red pepper
- 8 oz. tempeh, diced or sliced
- Mix all of the ingredients except for the tempeh in a sealable container or reusable zip lock bag and mix until uniform. Mix in the tempeh, cover, and allow it to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Once marinated, pour the tempeh and all of the marinade into a medium non-stick pan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, decrease the heat to low, and cover the pan. Allow the tempeh to simmer and steam for 20 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and bring the heat back up to medium-low. Cook the tempeh, flipping often, until all of the liquid has cooked off and it becomes a nice golden brown color.
- Cool for 10 minutes before serving and then dig in!
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free
Keywords: Vegan, Gluten-free, tempeh, italian seasoned, side dish, vegan meat