Save money and learn how to make avocado toast at home! This recipe can be put together in less than 10-minutes and requires ingredients you probably already have on hand. It’s easy to make, filling, and perfect for any meal of the day!
- Toast the bread as desired in a toaster or toaster oven.
- Half both of the avocados and discard the pits. Carefully remove the skin from the avocados and discard.* With a sharp knife, carefully cut the avocado halves into slices.
- Divide the avocado slices between the four slices of bread and add toppings of choice as desired. We squeezed half of a lemon on top of all four slices, then added a total (between all four slices) of roughly 1 tablespoon hemp hearts, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, 1/2 teaspoon dried dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Feel free to leave out or add in toppings as desired! Have fun with it 🙂
- If the skin is not easily peeled off, you can scoop the avocado out of the skin, place it into a bowl and mash it. Spread the avocado mash evenly on the toasted bread and then add toppings of choice.
- Nutritional information takes into consideration 2 Hass avocados and the addition of the toppings added (1 tablespoon hemp hearts, 1 tablespoon spoon nutritional yeast,1/2 teaspoon dried dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper).
- Prep Time: 8 minutes