These homemade tortilla chips are easy to make, require no added oil, and take only 20 minutes to make.
- 5 corn tortillas of choice
- Fresh lime (optional)* (see notes)
- Salt, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Cut the tortillas into fourths or eights (depending on how big you want your chips to be). Arrange them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Lightly drizzle the tortillas with lime (we used about 1-2 wedges per tray) and sprinkle them with salt as desired.
- Bake the chips for 20-23 minutes, flipping halfway through. Be sure to cool the tortilla chips completely before serving.
- If your tortillas already have a hint of lime, keep that in mind before you add additional lime to the chips. We usually skimp on the lime if the tortillas already have a zing to them.
- If your chips come out tough, they will need a few additional minutes of baking time. They should break apart easily and be very crunchy.
- If you would like, you can give the tortillas a light spritz of oil before baking, although this is not necessary. The oil allows them to brown and crisp up a bit more.