Get ready for an easy, hearty, and vegan protein-packed meal that you can put together in 30 minutes– our Rice Cooker Pasta w/ Lentils is definitely going to change the game.
- 2 cups fusilli pasta (gluten-free if needed)
- 2 cups vegetable broth (we recommend the low-sodium and oil-free Engine 2 brand)
- 1 can cooked green lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen vegetable mix
- 1/2 medium white onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 25 oz. oil-free marinara (we used the Whole Foods Market 365 brand)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Garnish with (optional):
- Fresh basil
- Cashew parmesan cheese
- Add all of the ingredients into your 8-cup rice cooker pot and mix thoroughly until uniform, making sure that the liquid is at least 1/4” above the pasta and lentils.
- Cover and set it to cook on the “white rice” setting. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, mixing halfway through. *
- Remove lid and allow the Spanish rice to cool for 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a sprinkle of vegan parmesan and fresh basil.
- It will take about 15-20 minutes to cook the pasta, depending on your rice cooker.
- Based on your feedback we have updated this recipe to use cooked rather than dry lentils! 🙂
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Entree, Pasta
- Method: Rice Cooker
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: Entree, Pasta, Lentil, Pasta, Easy, Vegan, Rice Cooker