These lemon poppyseed breakfast cookies are easy to make, require just 10-ingredients and are perfect for on-the-go! And, most importantly, they are delicious!
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal (or chia seeds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (plus more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill almond flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda⠀
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, add in all of the wet ingredients and mix together until uniform. Tip: be sure to zest the lemon before you juice it to make the process of zesting easier for you! Set aside for 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, add in 1/2 cup of rolled oats and process until a flour is formed. Add the oat flour and remaining rolled oats as well as the rest of the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix everything together until uniform. Cover the bowl and set it into the refrigerator to chill for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Roll 3 tablespoon-sized scoops of dough into balls and place them evenly spaced on the prepared cookie sheets. Press dough the dough until it is about 1/2-inch thick (as the cookies won’t spread when they bake). Continue until you have formed all of the cookies– we formed 9.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until golden. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- As the cookies cool, prepare the optional glaze. Simply add the powdered sugar and lemon juice to a small bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Once the cookies have cooled, dress them with the glaze. We also like to add more lemon zest on top to give them an extra lemony kick. The glaze will set as it sits overtime but to speed up the process, you can place them into the fridge for 10 minutes. You can also eat them with the loose glaze, just be sure to have a napkin handy as it might drip. Enjoy!
- The nutrition facts do not take into consideration the optional glaze.
- We have not tested it but applesauce should work in place of the banana if you do not have any on hand. Just not that it may not be as sweet but you can just add extra glaze on top or a tablespoon or two of sugar to the dough.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 17 minutes
- Category: Baked Goods, Breakfast, Cookies
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Cookies, Lemon, Poppyseed, Breakfast, Vegan, Gluten-free, 10-Ingredient