These garlic butter miso mushrooms are the ultimate burger topping. They’re loaded with flavor, simple to make, and will take your cookouts to the next level.
- 1/3 cup dairy-free butter, melted
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Sprinkle black pepper
- In a medium bowl add all of the ingredients except the mushrooms and whisk them together until smooth.
- Add in the mushrooms and gently mix them into the marinade. Set aside for 10-15 minutes while the grill preheats to 500 degrees.
- Transfer your mushrooms to a cast iron pan, put them on the grill, and let them cook until golden and crispy. This will take around 15-20 minutes. As your mushrooms cook you can also prepare your burger.
- Assemble your burger with the mushrooms and other toppings as desired and enjoy!
- For our burger, we like to use vegan brioche buns, lettuce, vegan cheese, garlic miso mushrooms, and vegan big mac sauce.
- These can be prepared on the stove as well.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Grilled or Stovetop
Keywords: mushrooms, summer, grill, miso, garlic, soy sauce, topping, easy, cookout