Dress your salad up like a pro with the easy avocado tahini dressing. It’s simple to make, free from gluten and oil, and can be ready in 5 minutes or less.
- 1 large avocado (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon (1 tablespoon)
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups water*
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (or 1 tablespoon fresh)*(see notes)
- 1 teaspoon dried chives (or 1 tablespoon fresh)*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend on high for 15-30 seconds or until smooth. If dressing is too thick, add more water as needed to achieve desired consistency. Enjoy!
- You can replace water with vegetable broth for a more flavorful dressing.
- This pairs well with our Vegan Tempeh Bacon.
- Feel free to replace the dill and chives with any herb or herb blend that you would like. We have used cilantro in this recipe for tacos and it works well 🙂
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dressing
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: avocado, tahini, dressing, healthy, vegan, oil-free