- 1/2 large butternut squash, diced small
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- 1/3 tsp fresh sage, finely chopped
- 1/3 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- Juice of 1 small lemon (about 3–4 tbsp)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the butternut squash on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 40 minutes, or until soft.
- While squash is roasting, in a medium pot cook the onions, garlic and shallot with water or vegetable broth until soft and translucent.
- Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve until water runs clear. Drain, transfer to the pot with the remaining ingredients up to the vegetable broth
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, then cover and reduce heat to a simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat for 5 minutes *covered*, then uncover and fluff with a fork.
- Add in the spinach, squash, cranberries, lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste and stir until combined. Adjust seasonings to taste as needed.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Vegan