Learn how to make this vegan chili with just 1 pot, 5 simple ingredients, and less than 30 minutes of your time. It’s hearty, full of flavor, and so easy to make!
- Oil, for cooking
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 4 (15 oz.) cans fire roasted tomatoes
- 3 (15 oz.) cans tri-blend beans, drained and rinsed* (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Toppings, such as:
- Vegan cheese
- Vegan sour cream
- Green onions
- Add about a tablespoon of oil to a large pot over medium heat, along with the onions and bell peppers. Cook until they being to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the diced fire roasted tomatoes, beans, and chili powder and mix until everything is uniform.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then lower the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Taste the chili and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
- We like to use a tri-blend bean blend which contain kidney, pinto, and black beans to add some variety to our chili, but feel free to use any type or combination of beans that you’d like though.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Entree
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: entree, chili, one pot, lunch, dinner, beans, bell pepper, onion