Easy to make, 5-ingredient puffed pastry cinnamons rolls are the perfect decadent dessert. Topped with hazelnuts and a cream cheese glaze and oozing with chocolate, cinnamon, and sugar, you won’t be able to have just of these flaky puffed pastry rolls!
Puff Pastry Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 sheets puffed pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 4 ounces dark chocolate morsels, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar*
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Optional: 1/3 cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar*
- 1 tablespoon vegan cream cheese (we used Kite Hill)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Remove the puffed pastry from the freezer and allow it to thaw according to packing directions. Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare a 9” pie pan by bursting it lightly with some of the melted butter it or lining it with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can use any small baking dish or pan available to you.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the chocolate, sugar, and cinnamon. Mix together until uniform and set aside.
- Line a work surface with parchment and unroll both sheets of puff pastry. Brush all over with the remaining melted butter and evenly distribute the chocolate mixture into the sheets.
- Create a small fold along the edge of each sheet, and roll tightly. Chill the logs in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Using a sharp (serrated) knife, slice each log into seven equal rolls, about 1” thick each. Place the rolls into the prepared baking dish, at least 1/2” apart as they will expand. Refer to the video if needed.
- Bake 23-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool for about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the frosting. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and almond milk until smooth. Drizzle over cinnamon rolls, then top with the optional hazelnuts as desired. Serve and enjoy!
- Be sure your sugar is vegan! Check out this blog post for more info.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 22 minutes