An easy, no-fuss pancake recipe that is filling, comforting and does not skimp on flavor one bit. Plus, this recipe requires just 3 simple ingredients.
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
- 2 medium spotty bananas*
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2–1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of: chocolate chips or blueberries or crushed nuts, etc (or a combination of each) – stir in at end
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium low.
- Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring up to scoop the batter onto the heated pan. We recommend only cooking 1 pancake to start to see if you need to modify the heat of the pan. Allow the pancake to cook until bubbles appear around the edges, then flip and cook until golden.
- Serve immediately.
- This batter will be quite thick. If you would like to thin it out for thinner pancakes, add more plant-based milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Nutrition facts are taken for 4 servings and does not take into account any additional add-ins or toppings.
- We recommend a non stick pan for best result but if you do not have one, cook them on medium to low heat with an oiled pan.
- These pancakes can be frozen in an airtight container or bag for future consumption. When doing this, we like to reheat them in a toaster or toaster oven.
- If you would like to fluff these pancakes up, try adding 3 teaspoons of baking powder.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender and Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan