Learn how to make these easy, flaky, and delicious vegan pesto pinwheels with just 4 simple ingredients and about 20 minutes of your time! They are perfect for kids, parties, and even the pickiest of eaters.
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- 6 tablespoons vegan pesto
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- Spatula or spoon
- Parchment paper or silicone baking mat(s)
- 1 full or two half baking sheets
- Sharp knife
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. If you don’t have a full sized baking sheet, you will need to use 2 half sheets.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and separate it into 4 rectangles. Using your fingers, mend the seams together to close any gaps on the dough.
- Evenly spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of pesto over each rectangle, leaving 1/4 inch of space around the edges. Sprinkle each rectangle with 1/2 tablespoon of roasted peppers and 1 tablespoon of vegan cheese.
- Carefully roll the dough starting on the short edge and pinch seam together. Using a sharp knife, cut the small logs into 4 pieces each, for a total of 16. Transfer the rolls to the baking sheets and place into the oven for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
- This recipe was adapted from Pillsbury.com.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Method: Oven
Keywords: pesto, pinwheels, super bowl, red pepper, vegan cheese, snack