These white bean & pumpkin veggie burgers are healthy, easy to make, jam-packed with flavor and will satisfy anyone’s taste buds, vegan or not!
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pure pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa + 2/3 cup cooked brown rice (or use all brown rice or all quinoa)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 vegan burger buns
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 head lettuce
- Condiments. such as ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and set it aside for 15 minutes to thicken into a flax “egg”.
- In the meantime, grab a medium pan, and add in 2-3 tablespoons of water, along with the onions, garlic, and celery. Sauté until translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- In a food processor, add in the flax “egg”, cooked vegetables and all of the remaining ingredients. Process for 30-45 seconds, or until all ingredients are blended together but still remain a bit chunky. Place into the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and form mixture into patties using a mold or the top ring of a mason jar, then place them onto the lined pan. Each patty should be about 1/3 cup large, and this will result in 8 patties. Place in the refrigerator to set for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake patties for 25 minutes, carefully flip, then bake for another 5-10 minutes or until browned.
- Allow the patties to cool completely before assembling your burgers!
- The nutrition facts are for the patties by themselves and do not take into consideration the optional ingredients.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Category: Entree