These veggie burger sliders are easy to make, jam-packed with flavor and the perfect recipe to meal prep at home for the week! It is loaded with protein along with a plethora of vegetables, so you’ll be able to enjoy a delicious vegan burger without skimping out on nutrition!
- 2 chis eggs (2 tablespoons chia seeds + 6 tbsp water)
- 2 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 2 cups pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 4 oz. crimini mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 1/8–1/4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cashew Mustard Cheese
- Vegan burger buns or bread of choice (gluten-free if needed)
- Red onion
- Mix chia seeds with water and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Roughly chop vegetables, and then add all of the ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until uniform and broken down. (Make sure it’s not too chunky! We had to do this in two batches since our food processor is small).
- Scoop about 3 tbs servings and form into 8 patties (about 1/3″ thick).
- Bake in the oven at 350F on convection for 20 minutes, flip, then bake for another 8.
- Cool for 10 minutes then assemble burgers as desired.
Cashew Mustard Cheese Sauce
- Soak cashews for 2-4 hours or until soft. Add all above ingredients to high-speed blender until creamy and smooth. Add more cashews to thicken as needed. Add more veggie broth to thin out if too thick.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 28 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free