These Vegan Truffles are filled with a dark chocolate ganache, then rolled in cocoa powder for a final, elegant touch. They’re rich, velvety, and the perfect vegan spin on the classic French truffles. Dazzle your loved ones with these decadent sweet treats during holidays and special occasions.
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Add the chopped chocolate to a heat-proof bowl.
- Heat the coconut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add the vanilla extract and stir until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Press plastic wrap against the surface of the chocolate mixture and place it in the fridge to chill for at least two hours.
- Add the cocoa powder to a shallow dish. Once the mixture is chilled, scoop out 2-3 teaspoons of the mixture and quickly roll it into balls in your hands. Roll the balls in cocoa powder. If the chocolate becomes too sticky while rolling, place it in the fridge for a few minutes to firm up before continuing.
- Enjoy at room temperature and store any extra truffles in the fridge. Enjoy!
- Make sure your chocolate is finely chopped. If the pieces are too large, the chocolate will not melt properly.
- If your coconut milk is separated in the can, thoroughly mix it until homogenous before measuring and heating. We like using our blender for this.
- Instead of cocoa powder, you can also roll your truffles in chopped nuts, ground freeze-dried berries, or even sprinkles.
- Prep Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop