This cold Vegan Quinoa Salad is going to quickly become one of your favorite go-to lunch preps! It’s quick, filling, and packed with plant-based nutrition that will leave you feeling satisfied and healthy. All you need is 7 ingredients, plus a homemade spicy dressing!
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon agave
- 2 tablespoons Hot Sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 6 oz roasted red peppers, diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 ounces vegan feta cheese
- Rinse quinoa in a fine sieve until water runs clear. Drain, transfer to a pot with your liquid of choice, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to a simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat for 10 minutes, then uncover and fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Add all of the ingredients for the dressing into a small bowl or jar and mix until uniform.
- To a large bowl, add the quinoa and all of the remaining ingredients, as well as all of the dressing. Toss until uniform. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: salad, appetizer, summer, picnic, quinoa, vegan protein, vegan cheese, bean salad