Get ready to make the best vegan pumpkin bread recipe! It’s fluffy, moist, and perfectly spiced, plus it requires simple ingredients and is easy to make! It’s a classic fall treat that the whole family will love.
- 1 cup (248g) pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup (68g) sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon (13g) apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- ⅔ cup (154g) warm unsweetened almond milk (or plant-based milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon (5g) pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (15g) flaxseed meal (or chia seeds)
- 2 cups (280g) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cup (260g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons (9g) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (5g) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (4g) sea salt
- 1 tablespoon (5g) pumpkin spice* (see notes)
Cream Cheese Icing
- 3/4 cup organic powdered sugar
- 2 ounces vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons softened vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Almond milk, as needed to thin
- Loaf Pan
- Medium and Large Mixing Bowl
- Parchment Paper or Oil
- Prepare an 8×4-inch bread pan with parchment paper or oil, and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients until smooth. Form a well in the middle and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix everything together until combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined bread pan, being sure to smooth out the top of the batter.
- If you would like, you can lightly sprinkle the pecans or walnuts over top before baking the bread. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick runs clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- As it cools, prepare the cream cheese icing by mixing everything together in a bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle the bread with the cream cheese icing and slice as desired (we cut ours into 12). Enjoy!
- You can replace pumpkin pie spice with cinnamon or make your own by combining 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger, ½ tsp nutmeg, ½ tsp allspice and a pinch of cloves.
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Baked
Keywords: baked goods, dessert, bread, pumpkin, spices, cinnamon, easy, fall, breakfast