These Vegan Peanut Butter Blossoms are just like the traditional peanut butter blossoms, but without any animal products! Soft, thick peanut butter cookies rolled in granulated sugar, then lightly pressed with a vegan chocolate “kiss”! All you need is 1 bowl, 10 ingredients, and 20 minutes of hands on time.
- ½ cup (1 stick) vegan butter, softened
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp (160g) creamy peanut butter, room temperature* (see notes)
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (105g) brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ (180g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 20 pieces of vegan chocolate
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Food scale (optional but recommended)
- Electric hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment
- Plastic wrap or reusable wrap
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop
- Baking sheet
- Cooling rack
- Cream together the vegan butter and peanut butter. In a large mixing bowl, combine the vegan butter and peanut butter. Using an electric hand mixer, beat the two together until smooth and creamy. Add the sugars and beat for another 1-2 minutes, or until well incorporated and creamy.
- Add remaining wet ingredients. Add in the non-dairy milk and vanilla extract and beat again until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients. In the same bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix on a low speed until a smooth dough forms.
- Chill for 1 hour. Cover the mixing bowl using plastic wrap, reusable wrap, or a lid, and refrigerate for 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls. When ready to bake, roll the chilled cookie dough into 1-inch-sized cookie dough balls. The full batter should make about 20 vegan peanut butter blossoms.
- Coat in sugar. Coat each peanut butter cookie dough ball in granulated sugar and place the cookie dough balls about 2 inches apart on a baking tray.
- Bake. Bake the vegan peanut butter blossoms for 10-12 minutes, then immediately press a piece of chocolate into the center of each cookie.
- Serve. Let the cookies cool completely to room temperature, then enjoy as desired!
- Storage: These cookies will keep for up to 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To prevent sticking, we recommend flash-freezing the cookies before storing them in a freezer-safe container of choice.
- Peanut butter: These are best made with processed peanut butter varieties, such as Skippy. You can use natural peanut butter in a pinch, but the baked cookies will be more crumbly.
- Gluten-free: We have not tested a gluten-free version, but based on our recipe testing experience, a gluten-free flour blend may work. If you experiment with it and have success, please let us know in the comments below!
- Vegan chocolate kisses: The classic Hershey kisses are unfortunately not vegan (even their Dark Chocolate version contains milk), there are several vegan-friendly options to choose from– simply top your peanut butter blossoms with any chopped chocolate bar or square of chocolate, make your own Vegan Hershey Kisses from scratch, or melt your favorite vegan chocolate chips in a piping bag, and pipe a homemade chocolate kiss right on top of the baked cookies!
- Vegan Butter: For best results, we always recommend baking with vegan butter sticks and not buttery spreads!
- Use room temperature ingredients. Softened butter and room-temperature peanut butter will be significantly easier to cream together when warmed to room temperature. Like the butter, if your peanut butter has been refrigerated, set it at room temperature for 1-2 hours, until warm and creamy!
- Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Peanut Butter, snack, cookie, dessert, holiday