This vegan nacho cheese sauce recipe is easy to make, has wholesome ingredients, and pairs perfectly with nachos, tacos, fries, and so much more.
- 2 cups peeled and chopped Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños with juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Black pepper to taste, if desired
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, and place the potatoes, carrots, and cashews in once boiling. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until fork-tender. Drain and transfer to a high-speed blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Adjust seasonings to taste and add the additional juice from the jar of jalapeños as desired.
This recipe is adapted from our Chipotle Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes